Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 2000 13:50:54 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Steve Jorgensen <steve@khoral.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        philip@adhesivemedia.com, brent@kearneys.ca, cjclark@alum.mit.edu, salas@khoral.com
Subject:   Re: ipfw & natd config problems (solved)

	I think I've finally got my problem solved.  In case you didn't
	remember, I was getting a lot of the following messages:

	natd[163]: failed to write packet back (Permission denied)

	as natd was running on my 4.1.1-RELEASE firewall.  Anyway,
	my rules are a modified set of the simple firewall rules in
	rc.firewall, and the problem is the part of the file where it
	does the rules for "Stop RFC1918 nets on the outside interface"
	AFTER the natd divert rule.  After getting rid of those rules,
	the error messages stopped.

	Of course, that begs the question of why the default (supposedly
	working) simple firewall rules have these line that cause this
	error.  :)

	At any rate, I want to thank Crist, Brent, and Philip for their
	suggestions, it helped me narrow down the search to just a few
	rules.

					Steve

Steven Jorgensen      steve@khoral.com	 steve@spukhaus.com