Date:      Tue, 24 Sep 1996 08:51:15 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      sos@FreeBSD.org
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Linux ELF crossdev on -current?

> Ok all you lurking multiplatformers, I have a pretty straightforward
> question for you. 8)
>
> Fairly soon, one of the pieces of software that we use is going to be
> moving to using FLEXlm (it's a linux binary, but that's neither here nor
> there).
>
> In anticipation of this, I've contacted Globetrotter and am in posession of
> the current FLEXlm evaluation kit.
>
> What has me stumped just now is that to test the demo I have to build a
> vendor daemon (ignore the jargon); ie. I need to build a Linux ELF binary.
>
> Is anyone else doing this under 2.1.x or 2.2?  Care to share a few words of
> wisdom?

I did this when I did the Linux ELF emu stuff, I had the development system
from slackware installed /compat/linux/..
You should be carefull to "trim" your makefile (or the gcc spec file) so
that you pick up the right includefiles & libraries.

Soren Schmidt             (sos@FreeBSD.org)             FreeBSD Core Team
               So much code to hack -- so little time.