Date:      Sun, 04 May 1997 22:07:16 +0200
From:      Francis Dupont <Francis.Dupont@inria.fr>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>, smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: maptable of SuperMicro P6DNH

 In your previous mail you wrote:

   >I have a Supermicro P6DNH (biPPro board with 2 PCI (8 slots), i960, ...)
   >the bipro test kernel but it hangs after the boot, I can do the tests
   >you'd like if you need more infos, including installing special system).

   I think you probably can run an SMP kernel if you are running 3.0-current
   and build it with "options SMP_TIMER_NC" in the kernel config file:

=> I'll try the 3.0-970502-SNAP tomorrow (it is 22h00 here and
of course ftp.fr.freebsd.org (with a 34Mbits/s access) is down :-).

   According to the manual and/or actual BIOS actions, is it possible
   to choose from a range of IRQs for the secondary IDE controller?

   or do they claim your only choice is IRQ15?

=> I have the manual in an other building, I'll send the answer tommorrow.

Regards

Francis.Dupont@inria.fr

PS: it seems to be a nice board (8 PCI slots are good because
I do some research in networking (IPv6 & ATM) and I have some
10/100Mbits/s Ethernet (DE500), FDDI (DEFPA), ATM (Efficient)
boards to put in) but I already had to change the place of the Adaptec
because Windows NT 4.0 wanted to find it on the first PCI bus
(FreeBSD didn't matter)...