Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 1996 02:58:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Jim Dixon <jdd@vbc.net>
Cc:        John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>, Chad Shackley <chad@gaianet.net>, isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Decision in Router Purchase

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Jim Dixon wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Veggy Vinny wrote:
>
> > 	Was just looking at the SDL Homepage and was wondering what the
> > Asynchronous and BiSynchrous speeds mean since isn't it supposed to do
> > atleast 1.544MBps?
> >
> > 	THis is for the RISCCom/N2.
> >                               HDLC/SDLC Speeds to 12 Mbps
>
> This is the number you care about.  PPP, Cisco HDLC, and frame relay
> run on top of raw HDLC.  We have never cranked them up to 12 Mbps ;-)
> but they work fine at 2 Mbps or T1.

	I know what you mean but what about for the Ethernet side of it,
isn't that Asynchronous speed in any way related or what were those
numbers for?  T1 actually is 3Mbps accourding to Dennis at ET, T1 speed
going in and out combined...

Vince
GaiaNet Corporation - Unix Networking Operations - GUS Mailing Lists Admin