Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 13:24:03 -0700
From:      "Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson" <insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net>
To:        "Christopher R. Bowman" <crb@ChrisBowman.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NCR SCSI Controller

On Wed, May 26, 1999 at 04:03:34PM -0400, Christopher R. Bowman wrote:
> At 09:37 AM 5/26/99 -0700, Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson wrote:
> >This might sound odd but I thought I would ask anyways. I have a:
> >
> >        ncr0: <ncr 53c875 fast20 wide scsi> rev 0x04 int a irq 12 on pci0.17.0
> >        Probing for devices on PCI bus 1:
> >
> >When it boots up through the bios stage I see my HD indicator working. Once
> >system starts to boot I no longer get any activity on my HD indicator. Has
> >anyone else seen this?. Everything works but some times these stupid
> >indicators can help you when troubleshooting or when something odd is goiig
> on.
> >Just curious to know if I am not alone. If you need more info about the SCSI
> >controller let me know. It just is not my card. We have one at work that is
> >the same thing.
>
> I have no illusion (and neither should you) that I can fix the problem, but I
> would be interested in knowing what boards have this problem.  This used to
> occur on other cards IIRC for which you will need to check the mail archives or
> the code for more information.

Here is the information directly off the chip:
	SYMBIOS LOGIC
	53C875J
	609-0392654
	DP03425
	9720R

Board has the floowing stamped on it:
	SYM8751SP

	FCC ID: B8J8751SP

TIA
Ron Rosson              	... and a UNIX user said ...
The InSaNe One                 		   rm -rf *
insane@oneinsane.net      	and all was null and void