Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:03:54 +0200
From:      Johan van Selst <johans@stack.nl>
To:        Christian Baer <christian.baer@uni-dortmund.de>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: slight irritation using digest (from the ports)

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

Christian Baer wrote:
> Did you install a port with an extended openssl or is there some trick
> to this? My manpage for openssl doesn't even include sha256, only md2,
> md5, mdc2, rmd160, sha (which will probably be sha-0) and sha1.

Ah, yes - this is indeed a snapshot of the openssl development
version (0.9.9); I did not install it from the FreeBSD ports.
This also includes sha-2 (sha224,256,384,512) algorithms.
I'm not sure if these hashes are already included in 0.9.8
(which is in ports tree). I think sha* is, but whirlpool is not.

Greetings,
Johan

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf--