Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 08:36:34 +0200
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        murray@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/30284: addition to X11 Fonts section of handbook

> Your update has been committed, thanks!  It may take up to 24 hours
> before this reaches the web site.  Any chance you can write up
> something about the other recent /. story on anti-aliased fonts with
> GNOME?

Well, that story is where I got this from.  I couldn't get that gnome
thing working on my machine (it looked for something called libgdk.la,
I think, which doesn't exist on the FreeBSD libgdk installation) and I
didn't investigate it further.  It looks like a kludge anyway so I
think it's better to wait for regular, "official" anti-aliasing
support for gtk (there's already some mention of patches which exist
for the interested).

- Rahul.