Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 2023 22:18:59 +0200
From:      Felix Palmen <zirias@freebsd.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org, emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADS-UP: poudriere needs patching (was: Building a Linuxulator userland from source)

--n3yktp2wite4g23u

* Felix Palmen <zirias@freebsd.org> [20230820 12:35]:
> If anyone would like to already do some testing at this stage, please be
> aware that I not only rebase my feature branch, but also rewrite it
> while rebasing (to fix issues I encounter), and of course there won't be
> any PORTREVISION bumps. Therefore, the safest thing to do is to remove
> all linux*.pkg files from your poudriere repositories before trying a
> newer version of the branch. The lxcross*.pkg packages can probably be
> kept, I don't expect having to fix anything there.

I'm about to update my feature branch again and from now on, to build it
with poudriere, a patch will be needed.

Here's a quick and dirty patch against an *installed* poudriere-devel:
https://people.freebsd.org/~zirias/patches/poudriere-devel-linuxulator-buil=
d.patch

I guess my next priority should be to look into getting this (or maybe a
better, less "hacky" approach) into official poudriere...

Background is, right now, poudriere does not provide /compat/linux/dev
inside a building jail, but build systems at least need /dev/null quite
a lot. I'm about to add a port for "man-db", which will only build fine
using "bash" and "make" from inside linuxulator userland, so it needs
/dev available there.

Cheers, Felix

--=20
 Felix Palmen <zirias@FreeBSD.org>     {private}   felix@palmen-it.de
 -- ports committer --                     {web}  http://palmen-it.de
 {pgp public key}  http://palmen-it.de/pub.txt
 {pgp fingerprint} 6936 13D5 5BBF 4837 B212  3ACC 54AD E006 9879 F231

--n3yktp2wite4g23u

--n3yktp2wite4g23u--