Date:      Sat, 18 Oct 1997 19:56:52 -0400
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Matrox Rainbow Runner

Have any of you guys seen the Matrox Rainbow runner card?  Its a daughter card
(Retail $199) that sticks to the side of just about all the Matrox cards (e.g.
Mystique, Mellinium, etc..)  Anyway it adds video capture capabilities with
hardware MJPEG support to the card.  With a full 704x480@30fps and maximum
compression (~16:1) you get a very good quality video signal at well under
2mb/sec.

The only downside as far as I can see for this card is, it requires I run
windows :)  Has anyone else looked at this card?

-Crh

       Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@msu.edu

                         http://pilot.msu.edu/~henrich