Date:      Mon, 6 Jul 1998 09:42:34 +0100 (BST)
From:      ruth moulton <ruth@muswell.demon.co.uk>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        ruth@muswell.demon.co.uk
Subject:   Re: connecting NT and FBSD via tcp/ip over ethernet

Julian,

 > it rally sounds as if your card is DEAF..
 > it can get out but can't hear anything..

yep!! - but it's hearing is perfect in hardware tests. The
driver reports 'device timeout', which according to the manual
page is an interupt conflict, but there is none that I can see.

I think I'm going to try one of the cards the manual page mentions,
instead of the Kingston 'compatable'

they are cheaper than the time I'm spending on this problem!!

thanks for replying
ruth

 > BTW I'd expect to see a Netif entry for it in the 192.168 entry ofthe
 > netstat, but it seems to selct the right interface without that.
 >
 > Even with the wrong interrupt, you should get some input, just very
 > slow...
 >
 > On Fri, 3 Jul 1998, ruth moulton wrote:
 >
 > > Julian,
 > >
 > > thanks
 > >

 > >  > are the netmasks ok?
 > >
 > > netmasks are 255.255.255.0 - the network number I'm using is
 > > 192.168.0
 > >
 > >  > what does
 > >  > route get [NT ip address]
<cut>

Ruth Moulton            ruth@muswell.demon.co.uk
Consultant

65 Tetherdown,
London N.10 1NH, UK     Tel:+44 181 883 5823