Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 2002 20:39:32 GMT
From:      pmc@citylink.dinoex.sub.org (Peter Much)
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vinum crash on multi -> single -> multiuser

<grog@FreeBSD.ORG> aka Greg 'groggy' Lehey schrieb
mit Datum Tue, 9 Apr 2002 10:22:10 +0930 in m2n.fbsd.stable:

!On Monday,  8 April 2002 at 14:47:34 -0700, David Bushong wrote:
!> Hello,
!>
!> I've had this happen twice and wanted to check whether this is a bug or
!> just something I'm not supposed to be doing.
!>
!> I'm setting up a machine, and occasionally want to do some configuration
!> tasks, so I drop to single-user ("shutdown now") then when I'm done, resume
!> multi-user with ^D.
!>
!> This works...most of the time.  Twice now, however, I've had panics like shown
!> below.  (Actually, the first time it didn't even reboot).
!
!Hmm.  I've heard other reports of this, but I can't reproduce it.
!Please supply the information I ask for in the man page or on
!http://www.vinumvm.org/vinum/how-to-debug.html

This seems to be the open PR kern/30588. See also Msg of 6-Jan-2002
from Matthias Schundehuette "Enhancement for rc.shutdown" in this
group.

I think it has hit me once too.  I am just now in a real hazzle of
things, as I have to travel around for business a lot the next weeks.

If this thing is still open then, You or somebody may drop me a note
to remind me, so I could play around with it at one of the christian
holidays in May and, if reproduceable, gather appropriate debug
information.

PMc