Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 1997 16:37:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: login.conf

On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, Narvi wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Sep 1997, John Fieber wrote:
> > comments in login.conf hint that implementation is waiting on
> > external authentication modules, but I see no reason it *must*
> > wait.
>
> Actually, it does not say so.

I meant to say "login source", not "login.conf".  I'll just
attribute the goof to the intense distraction of tyring to type
that message on a non-dvorak keyboard...  :)

BTW, does anyone know about plans for these authentication
modules?

Also, anyone with the time to look at adding login.conf support
to ssh and/or xdm would be greatly appreciated.  Login.conf is a
nice idea, but really more trouble than its worth if half the
paths into the system don't use it.

-john