Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 96 11:27:07 +0200
From:      Lars Gerhard Kuehl <lars@elbe.desy.de>
To:        Duncan.Barclay@pa-consulting.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: undocumented kernel priority changing

> Shoot me if you will but a couple of config options may not go amiss, at
> least for single/few user sites. I will plonk them in sometime soon.

For sites with only a few active processes that isn't a problem at all.
(No competition.) If there are many active processes 'renicing' is highly
desirable. The limit is usually reached only by jobs submitted
with 'interactive' nice levels. It might be an advantage to increase
the limit if someone likes to use xemacs on a 16MHz 386SX.
(10 minutes cpu time even on a 100 MHz 586 is pretty a lot ;)

Lars