Date:      Tue, 09 Jun 1998 12:20:57 +0000
From:      Tim Pushor <timp@orion.ab.ca>
To:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        Tom Brown <Tom@mercia.com>, freeBSD-Mozilla@FreeBSD.ORG

John Birrell wrote:

> Tom Brown wrote:
> > Just as soon as I find out where I can get a copy of Motif that doesn't cost
> > $1200 or get the correct lib's.
>
> US$149 from www.xig.com

Hmmm I purchased this Motif 2.0 from XIG some time ago when FreeBSD release level
was at 2.1.7. As soon as I upgraded to 2.2 (and the corresponding XFree86
release) it broke Motif. Things would still build but would very often dump core.
XIG's solution was to use the XFree release from 2.1.7 and if I needed the newer
video drivers from the newer releases to just use the newer releases server, and
the old releases libs. I had Motif running for about 30 days before it did not
get installed again on any of my machines..

They aren't even answering my email anymore about a newer version of Motif.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Tim