Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 07:31:35 -0600 (CST)
From:      Eric Haug <ejh@mnw.eas.slu.edu>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   aio with rtprio anomally

Hi all,
I was using John Dyson's fcp program, the aio example posted
around 1 Dec 1997 to stream to a tape drive.
i think is was a tar | fcp sort of task.
I kicked one of the processes to rtprio to see the effect, if any.
This all seemed to do the right thing.
After this completed i noted that the system was strangely sluggish.
After rebooting, the system is back to normal.
The current in question is from around Feb 27 1998.
Just thought i would comment about this
I have not had time to look into this further.
eric haug
Saint Louis Univ