Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2001 20:17:02 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   jade: non SGML character number 255

Hi,

I am trying to pull together a Bulgarian FreeBSD doc project..
or at least, that's what I like to think :)  In fact, I am still
learning the basics of DocBook :)

While trying to write an article in Bulgarian, using the windows-1251
charset, I stumbled upon the fact that jade does not like characters
with a code of 255.  This might be a problem, because 255 is the code
of the lowercase 'ja' vowel, which is actually used quite often.
Is there a way to make jade swallow it, or do I have to give up
right from the start? :)

G'luck,
Peter

--