Date:      Mon, 9 Mar 1998 20:22:24 +0300 (MSK)
From:      Andrew Maltsev <am@amsoft.ru>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   APM power off (patch)

Hi!

I've uploaded my patch (2.2-stable based) to

 ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/am-atx-power-off.patch.gz

What was done:
 - kernel apm driver now able to power off system
 - /sbin/shutdown has new flag `-p' to switch power off after shutdown

What I'm not sure in is should apm be considered machine dependent
or multi-platform thing? I mean where should call to apm_power_off()
be placed - in kern/kern_shutdown.c (where it is placed now) or in
i386/i386/machdep.c? Just say, and I'll redo..

Please somebody with commit privilege review the patch and merge it
into source tree.

I'd tested it on Intel AL440LX mb - works like a charm. Next thing
I'll try when I'll have another spare half a hour is safe shutdown
by pressing system power button. As far as I can see from APM 1.2
specification it is possible and not too hard to implement.

Andrew.