Date:      Tue, 04 Jul 2000 21:15:02 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: perl 5.006 upgrade issues

On Tue, 04 Jul 2000 20:23:50 +0300, Maxim Sobolev wrote:

> I've just noticed that parts of perl (current, cvsup'ed several hours ago)
> built on system with old perl version still depend on libperl.so.3:

Hi Maxim,

I'm posting this for the benefit of everyone, so please don't feel that
I'm singling you out.  I've seen 4 other messages to which I meant to
send this response in the last week. :-)

Please keep in mind that the -current list is a busy list.  When someone
sends a HEADS UP and then changes something, please report the problem
to that person directly.

By all means, copy the -current list as well.  Just be sensitive to the
fact that lots of folks filter mail, and they'd probably appreciate
reports of problems relating to their own babies being sent to them
personally, rather than stumbling across them a few minutes (often
hours) later in their -current mail.

Ciao,
Sheldon.