Date:      Fri, 24 Jun 2022 22:52:05 +0800
From:      Li-Wen Hsu <lwhsu@freebsd.org>
To:        Martin Matuska <mm@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-git <freebsd-git@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Merge of vendor/openzfs/zfs-2.1-relesae to stable/13 forbidden

On Fri, Jun 24, 2022 at 7:17 AM Martin Matuska <mm@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> there has been probably some change in configuration as I am not allowed
> to merge vendor/openzfs/zfs-2.1-release to stable/13 anymore.
> Please could anyone responsible take a look at this?
>
> remote: ================================================================
> remote: Currently only allow merge from vendor/* to main
> remote: ================================================================
> remote: FATAL: VREF/MERGE-CHECK/src: helper program exit status 256
> remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/stable/13
> To ssh://gitrepo.FreeBSD.org/src.git
>   ! [remote rejected]           stable/13 -> stable/13 (hook declined)
> error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://gitrepo.FreeBSD.org/src.git'
>
> Thanks
> mm

Hi,

I'm sorry that the error message may not be enough, but this
MERGE-CHECK hook has not been updated since we allow merging from
refs/heads/vendor/openzfs/zfs-2.1-release to refs/heads/stable/13

I tried to search for the possible issue from the gitolite log but did
not see the root cause. Can you help:

- List the commands you used to merge from
vendor/openzfs/zfs-2.1-release to stable/13
- `git show <hash of the merge commit>` like
https://cgit.freebsd.org/src/commit/?id=1f1e2261e341e6ca6862f82261066ef1705f0a7a
for main?

If possible:

- Push your stable/13 tree to somewhere (e.g., a freebsd/freebsd-src
fork on github or any other place works for you) for me to look into?

Thanks,
Li-Wen