Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:32:41 +0200
From:      Josef El-Rayes <j.el-rayes@daemon.li>
To:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   bsd and linux benchmark

hi!

i was wondering what you think about the bsd and linux benchmark by 'fefe', whether i should do a patch to add this one to our press articles or not.

for all who did not read the article[1] by felix von leitner. he does a detailed benchmarking for a performance network programming speech. he benchmarks linux 2.4, linux 2.6, freebsd 5.1-current, openbsd and netbsd.

although he is a well respected person, he is a big linux advocat and does not seem to be a bsd-friend, so it does not suprise that in his conclusion he proposes to use linux for high performance networking, while freebsd is 2nd. he does not give good comments on openbsd and netbsd.

what do you think of this article, shall we link this one or not - or in other words is it really objective or not?

-josef

[1] http://bulk.fefe.de/scalability/