Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 1995 11:29:00 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Honza Kostal <jenik@feld.cvut.cz>
To:        Gary Palmer <gary@palmer.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: /etc/printcap for Deskjet 500 and gs

On Sun, 2 Apr 1995, Gary Palmer wrote:

> I hate to say it but apsfilter is probably a better bet that gs. AFAIR it
> handles DVI files internally, so you can just lpr foo.dvi and have it print.
> (although it still dvips foo.dvi, (gs -whatever) foo.ps, at least it's hidden
> from you :-) )

	I think write script which do right this is so easy ...

	I have this setup for my DeskJet 320, and work fine. There are
two filters, one for .dvi files (lpr -d file.dvi) which call dvips and
gs, the other for .ps files (lpr -c file.ps, -c option is dedicated for
CifPlot format, and because I don't know what is CifPlot, I use it for PS :-)

						Honza Kostal
						jenik@feld.cvut.cz
                                                FIDO: 2:420/12