Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:23:03 -0700
From:      "Luoqi Chen" <lchen@briontech.com>
To:        "Scott Long" <scottl@freebsd.org>
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: 64-bit raid controller recommendation

> The information that I've seen in the dpti2o headers leaves me to
> believe that while the command data structures might be limited to the
> first 4GB, the data buffer s/g lists are not inherently limited by
> anything other than the firmware.  Academic difference, though.

It would be best if the asr could be made to work, it could save me
a couple of grand. How hard is it to get hold of datasheet for the
2010S card?

> The 5.x driver is fully 64-bit capable for data buffers (the firmware
> limits command structures to the lower 4GB) and has been tested under
> PAE.  I have no intention to backport to 4.x as there is no need for
> 64 bit support there.  If you have PAE support in 4.x then I'd be happy
> to help you backport the 64 bit aac work.
>
> Scott

Yes, I've PAE running in 4.x. If possible, I'd like to commit it back to
the tree, what do you think as a release engineer? I'll start backporting
aac driver 64 bit support, when I'm done, I'll run it through you, how
does it sound?

Thanks, really appreciate your help!
-luoqi