Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 1996 20:36:00 -0400
From:      jmauney@nr.infi.net (Jim Mauney)
To:        bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Boot Error before Install Menu appears on IBM ValuePoint

Hello,

While booting from the boot.flp diskette created from Infomagic CD R2.1,
the following messages appears ever so briefly on bottom line of screen -
just prior to install menu appearing:

sysinstall: ioctl (/dev/rwd1s2, DIOCGDINFO): Invalid argument

I was able to get a Ctl-s to freeze messages so that I could record it.  After
messages appeares, it immediately gets erased by the install menu.  Then,
in the majority of cases, the keyboard is frozen and machine has to be
rebooted.

Note that this behavior happens on two separate IBM ValuePoints.  It
didn't happen when I booted from this same floppy on my generic P-100
PCI based machine.

Jim Mauney <jmauney@nr.infi.net>
jmauney@nr.infi.net (Jim Mauney)