Date:      Mon, 1 Feb 1999 11:30:55 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Eric Hodel <hodeleri@seattleu.edu>
Cc:        root@isis.dynip.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DEATH TO SPAMMERS (Re: Serving spammers right (was: REMOVE MY NAME!))

On Sunday, 31 January 1999 at  4:34:05 -0800, Eric Hodel wrote:
> Don't you know that it is rather unwise to mail as root?

It's difficult to tell, but it appears to be his name.

> Could you send a copy of this spam to the list?  That may help a great
> deal, rather than insulting a list of many, many people.

The real problem is that you didn't see what he was talking about.
Neither did you: you left people to guess what you're talking about.
In fact, he did quote something:

> On 31 Jan, Greg Lehey wrote:
>> Funny how spammers can't take their own medicine, isn't it?
> Death to ALL SPAMMERS.
>
> (lots of inappropriate threats omitted).

I think you're both misunderstanding: root for sending out such a
bloodthirsty message, which most people will understand is not
intended for them, and you for sending a followup completely devoid of
context.

Can we now get back to the scheduled topics?

Greg