Date:      Sat, 22 Jun 1996 17:13:48 -0500
From:      "Bradley Dunn" <dunn@harborcom.net>
To:        nash@mcs.com
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mixing SIMMs of different speeds

What I have always been told is that put the slowest chips first.
Most motherboards set the speed at which they access memory by the
speed of the first chip. Therefore if you put the 70 after the 60, it
will try to access the 70 at 60, which is no good. But the other way
around, it will access the 60 at 70, which works fine.

On 22 Jun 96 at 15:41, Alex Nash wrote:

> I'm wondering if I can mix 60 and 70ns SIMMs.  Everyone says don't,

[...]

Bradley Dunn <dunn@harborcom.net>