Date:      Sun, 16 Aug 1998 14:32:52 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        rto@internetional.com.br
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: research about BSD

> Dear Masters,
>
>  My name is Renato Ribeiro Faria, I am a student of the Computer science
> in a college located in Goiás-Brazil.
>  The classroom was divided in groups for research about one opereting
> system.  My group and i chose the Unix BSD because we know that the unix
> is the best, the more consistent and fast S.O..
> So,  now  we are needing materials about architecture, process
> management, memory management and file management. We know  you are the
> Best regards to help us.

We can only suggest the contents of www.freebsd.org and Kirk McKusick's
book and training course materials (see http://www.freebsd.org/docs.html)
as the best current sources of such docs.  Otherwise, the source code
remains the best possible reference - we certainly haven't written any
in-depths docs about this material ourselves.

- Jordan