Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 1997 09:51:19 +0200 (EET)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdcur@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   dedicating bandwidth?

hmm...

i think i did ask about this a while back, but didnt get any answers...

that leads me to assume my message didnt get thru somehow...

anyway, i would like to dedicate bandwidth between my machine, and the
ethernet machine(s). meaning that the ethernet can not take the full
ppp bandwidth and also that my machine can not take it all so that there's
something left for the ethernet users...

i expect being "forced" to hack the kernel code, so few pointers would
be welcome, i know some c but am no wizard...

since i'm running current i would assume -current is somewhat approppriate
place, and i would assume someone on the isp land have done it...

i dont know how usefull the feature would be, but just depending how hard
it is to do, would it be possible to include something like that as a
feature?

at the moment i use bit over a week old -current (havent upgraded coz there's
the swap leakage thingie out there)

mickey
--
   mika ruohotie     mika@aeon.net