Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 2000 10:26:54 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Nils Holland <nils@frozenfeelings.com>
To:        Ishmael <ishmael@tranquility.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: CTM

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, Ishmael wrote:

> Out of curiosity, is there some reason why you dont want to continue to
> use cvsup to keep your system up to date?  Since you've already used it
> once, it would seem to be alot easier to continue using it rather than
> trying to set up ctm.

Well, I *will* continue to use cvsup. Now that I have gotten an answer on
how to use CTM (and after having re-read the appropriate part of the
handbook) I have decided that cvsup is in fact better suited to fit my
needs. The original idea why I wanted to use CTM was that I wanted to
update a machine that is not always connect to our network. So I thought
I'd get the CTM deltas in the mail, copy them to the other machine, and
that's it. But that's actually not the best way: If I want to update the
machine that does not normally have net connection, I can simply
disconnect one computer and then connect that machine for the time of
upgrading. I can then either run cvsup or mount the source tree of my
main-FreeBSD-system which was already updated via cvsup. It works that
simple ;-)

Well, I think cvsup is really great and I don't see a reason why I should
not use it. I really like it and I'm sure that it'll be helpful to me in
the future.

Greetings,
Nils