Date:      Thu, 26 Sep 2002 10:10:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ceri Davies <ceri@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/43364: Man page for hier(7) doesn' have /var/empty

The following reply was made to PR docs/43364; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ceri Davies <ceri@FreeBSD.org>
To: Kim Scarborough <sluggo@unknown.nu>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:07:16 +0100

 Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
 >On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 11:46:47AM -0400, Kim Scarborough wrote:
 >
 >  > + empty directory used by sshd(8) for privilege separation;
 >  > + see
 >  > + .Xr sshd 8
 >
 >  That huge manual doesn't need the extra words "for privilege separation"
 >  which will make sense to few and which those who "see sshd(8)" will find
 >  used there (as if it'll be of any real help to them).

 I think it's reasonable to expect users to cross-reference manuals.
 With the privilege separation pointer, they'll know what they are looking for
 when they fire up the sshd manual as well.

 Ceri

 --
 you can't see when light's so strong
 you can't see when light is gone