Date:      Tue, 07 Jul 1998 03:43:54 -0400
From:      Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
To:        Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
Cc:        "Kubilay Dösendi" <bamse@dc.luth.se>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   French documentation (WAS: hello)

> Yes, we would love to have a Turkish Documentation Project!  I'm not
> sure what the first-step in beginning a translation is, but hopefully
> someone on the -doc list will take this 2nd chance to offer some
> guidance...
>
> Right now we are in the midst of a LinuxDoc->Docbook transition, and
> it may be easier to begin translation after that has been finished.
>
> Other than that, I think what you need to do is grab a part of the
> handbook, manpages, FAQ, or whatever you think is most important,
> translate it, and then submit it via send-pr(1).  Most useful would
> probably be some simple explanation of what FreeBSD is, before
> anything more specific, I suspect.
I was thinking to do some work in french. But I would like to implement
first a mailing list, then a documentation project. No?
Can I post that on other popular list(doc,questions,chat,stable)?:
<screenshot>
Hi, I would like to see how many peoples who talk french are using
FreeBSD and if some of them would be interested in some project in
french(mailing list,french documentation, etc...).
Please, take a look at [ http://www.aei.ca/~malartre/bsd.html ].
PS:This mail was cross-posted on several list, please reply only on
chat@freebsd.org or to my personnal address
</screenshot>
Of course, I will write that mail in both language.
--
[Malartre]
[malartre@aei.ca][ICQ#4224434][www.aei.ca/~malartre/][www.FreeBSD.ORG]