Date:      Mon, 7 Sep 1998 09:58:45 +1000
From:      Carl.Makin@ipaustralia.gov.au
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fsck problem with ccd partitions

Hi,
I've got 2 9gb Barracudas striped using ccd on a 2.2.7-STABLE (built from
last Friday's sources).

When booting it stops with;

cannot alloc 8309762 bytes for lncntp
/dev/rccd0c: CAN'T CHECK FILE SYSTEM.
/dev/rccd0c: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.

I then "fsck /dev/rccd0c", which works fine, do a  "mount -a" and exit the
shell so the system keeps booting.

Immediately after I hit "<ctrl>d" I get;

"ccdconfig: open: /dev/ccd0c: Device Busy"

and the boot then runs and ends fine...

Does anyone have any ideas on why this is happening?

Thanks,

Carl.