Date:      Sat, 21 Feb 1998 16:15:20 -0900 (AKST)
From:      mlduke@concentric.net
To:        bob_bales@om.cv.hp.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, briefs@alaska.net, Barb&Eldon <jester49@concentric.net>, Bob Tierney <rimfiret@alaska.net>, Chris Kerr <un_x@hotmail.com>, Chris Coleman <chrisc@vmunix.com>, Jay Nelson <jdn@acp.qiv.com>, Tim Hanson <timmy@ptialaska.net>
Subject:   (Priceless--From Duke) Actual Happenings (fwd)

Enjoy.

>Some Favorite Bizarre!-But-True Courtroom Gems from Headlines
>Recently reported in the Massachusetts Bar Association
>Lawyers Journal, the following are questions actually asked
>of witnesses by attorneys during trials and, in certain cases,
>the responses given by insightful witnesses:
>
>"Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep,
>he doesn't know about it until the next morning?"
>
>"The youngest son, the twenty-year old, how old is he?"
>
>"Were you present when your picture was taken?"
>
>Q: "Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check
>for a pulse?
>A: "No."
>Q: "Did you check for blood pressure?"
>A: "No."
>Q: "Did you check for breathing?"
>A: "No."
>Q: "So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you
>   began the autopsy?"
>A: "No."
>Q: "How can you be so sure, Doctor?"
>A: "Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar."
>Q: "But could the patient have still been alive nevertheless?"
>A: "It is possible that he could have been alive and practicing
>   law somewhere."
>
>"Was it you or your younger brother who was killed in the war?"
>
>"Did he kill you?"
>
>"How far apart were the vehicles at the time of the collision?"
>
>"You were there until the time you left, is that true?"
>
>"How many times have you committed suicide?"
>
>Q: "So the date of conception (of the baby) was August 8th?"
>A: "Yes."
>Q: "And what were you doing at that time?"
>
>Q: "She had three children, right?"
>A: "Yes."
>Q: "How many were boys?"
>A: "None."
>Q: "Were there any girls?"
>
>Q: "You say the stairs went down to the basement?"
>A: "Yes."
>Q: "And these stairs, did they go up also?"
>
>Q: "Mr. Slatery, you went on a rather elaborate honeymoon, didn't you?"
>A: "I went to Europe, Sir."
>Q: "And you took your new wife?"
>
>Q: "How was your first marriage terminated?"
>A: "By death."
>Q: "And by who's death was it terminated?"
>
>Q: "Can you describe the individual?"
>A: "He was about medium height and had a beard."
>Q: "Was this a male, or a female?"
>
>Q: "Is your appearance here this morning pursuant to
>    a deposition notice which I sent to your attorney?"
>A: "No, this is how I dress when I go to work."
>
>Q: "Doctor, how many autopsies have you performed on dead people?"
>A: "All my autopsies are performed on dead people."
>
>Q: "All your responses must be oral, OK? What school did you go to?"
>A: "Oral."
>
>Q: "Do you recall the time that you examined the body?"
>A: "The autopsy started around 8:30 p.m.."
>Q: "And Mr. Dennington was dead at the time?"
>A: "No, he was sitting on the table wondering why I was doing an
>autopsy."

> [...]
Please visit http://www.prospectorsbanqueclub.com
         and http://www.eagleflt.com

 To receive posts from this list send an E-MAIL to me with the word
"subscribe" in the subject box.
 To be removed from this list send a post to me with the word "unsubscribe"
 in the subject box.
          EAGLEFLIGHT
        ///,       ///
       \  /,      /  >.             David E. Rydel
          \_  /_/   /.        uNITED STATES Theatre Command
           \__/_   <<               Voice-248-391-0798
          /<<<<<< \_\_                Fax-248-391-6785
          /,)^>>_._ \             Alt.Fax-248-391-3528
          (/   \\ /\\\           E-MAIL: EAGLEFLT@eagleflt.com
                // ````
           A VOICE OF THE MILITIA IN NORTH AMERICA