Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 2021 17:42:09 -0800
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ppc <freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Heat-death of the last of the 2-socket/2-cores-each PowerMac G5s that I have access to

The last of the 4-core PowerMac G5s that I have access to now shuts
down for "CPU B0 DIODE TEMP" that "exceeds critical temperature
(90.0 C)" when I try to rebuild/update ports or such. The other
4-core G5 failed for such reasons in similar contexts a few months
ago.,Interestingly, the two G5s have very different liquid cooling
systems despite the similar time frame for the failures.

Without the faster G5s, I may just use cross-built world/kernel
material and see if there is a tolerable but minimal set of ports
for supporting boot testing/dump inspection and basic operation of
the slower 2-socket/1-core-each and 1-socket/1-core-each PowerMacs
that I have access to, avoid things like building devel/llvm*
ports that take so long. (I have fairly strong time preferences.)

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com
( dsl-only.net went