Date:      Sun, 23 Nov 2003 01:28:36 +0100
From:      Andreas Kohn <andreas.kohn@gmx.net>
To:        Thomas Repantis <trep@cs.ucr.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SPAM!!

--=-Ekyu35KDvg3plqAmi5+7

On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 00:56, Thomas Repantis wrote:
> Can't this archiving take place in a more intelligent manner?  For exampl=
e=20
> using "user host.org", instead of "user at host.org", "user[at]host.org" =
or=20
> (Goddess forbid!) user@host.org.

What would that change? It would just be another form of saying
"user@host.org" without saying "user@host.org".=20

>=20
> I think it's embarrassing the fact that in the official archives one can =
see=20
> the last of the forementioned options!
>=20
> If you think this is a reasonable idea, whom should we contact?  The mail=
man=20
> authors, the freebsd.org webmaster, someone else?
>=20
> Cheers,=20
> Thomas
>=20
>=20
If this really is such a problem, I would suggest mailing the mailman
authors, and trying to get the FreeBSD.org's mailman updated afterwards.

But I don't think that this would help stopping spam. More than one
archive exists(which is good, because google finds answers better :) ).
Personally I think using some sort of spam filters should work quite
well. With only the filters of GMX FreeMail I am able to filter out most
spam, with more customized filters it should be possible to have a
largely spam-free mail experience.

Regards,
--=20
Andreas Kohn <andreas.kohn@gmx.net>