Date:      Sat, 13 Dec 1997 23:14:50 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        Ken.Monville@FergInc.com
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs linux

Ken Monville wrote:
> I have a little saying taped to the bottom of my monitor.. I forget
> where I got it from, but I don't take credit for it...
>
> 4)  Never argue with an idiot.  They drag you down to their level then
> beat you with experience.
>
> I find most of usenet flamewars tend to be like this and therefore
> stay away.  :-)

A corollary to this is the old admonition:

  "Never try to teach a pig to sing, it just makes you look stupid
   and irritates the pig."

Attempting to cram the superiority of FreeBSD down the throats of
non-receptive Linuxers, and worse, True Believers in The Microsfoft
Way (sm), is very much like trying to teach a pig to sing.  ;^)

Wes Peters                                                  Softweyr LLC
http://www.xmission.com/~softweyr                  softweyr@xmission.com