Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 1996 17:01:37 +0100 (BST)
From:      Developer <dev@fgate.flevel.co.uk>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Just a note that libkvm/ps/etc need to be recompiled

On Thu, 1 Aug 1996, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> <<On Thu, 1 Aug 1996 14:48:21 +0100 (BST), Developer <dev@fgate.flevel.co.uk> said:
>
> > I wonder if it might be an idea to have a kernel call that gets the proc
> > structure size, that way libkvm/ps/w etc wouldn`t have to be re-compiled
> > when the structure changed?
>
> The actual size of the structure makes little difference, it's where
> the fields are placed in it that is of importance.  (You could always
> make it self-encoding for size...)

Well, that is true - but still at the moment adding extra fields causes
you to have to re-compile ps/w/libkvm etc... even if they are not required
externally.

I actually went through this one myself, Ive added the ability to filter
ranges of IP addresses and certian ports on different users.

Regards,

Trefor S.