Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 1995 11:59:04 +0100 (MET)
From:      ben@telecom.ptt.nl (Ben Suurmeijer)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   COFF/SCO binaries

I'm curious if someone could help me. I would like to use a SCO binary, so
I made a new kernel with the folliwing options: "COMPAT_IBCS2" "IBCS2"
I tried to run the program and got the following error:

libsocket: open(/dev/socksys) failure: No such file or directory

I presume this is not an easy one, but can these binaries work on FreeBSD 2.0?

Has someone done something similar? Has anybody managed it to run Oracle?
If you could point me to more information I would appreciate it.
I looked into the mailing archives, but I didn't find anything apropriate.

Ben
Ben Suurmeijer 			| Telephone : +31 50 851041
PTT Telecom B.V.		| Telefax   : +31 50 855122
I&AT				| E-mail    : B.Suurmeijer@telecom.ptt.nl
P.O. Box 188			| DISCLAIMER: This Statement is not an official
NL-9700 AD Groningen		| statement from, nor does it  represent an
The Netherlands			| official position of, PTT Telecom B.V.