Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 17:26:12 -0400
From:      "Brian" <wrath@shianet.org>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   supermicro p6dbe

I've got a SuperMicro P6DBE.  I'm looking at what brands of RAM the machine
will take.  We're primarily a PNY shop and that's mostly what I've got.
I've tried every brand of ram we've got under the roof to no avail.  Every
kind I've got hangs during POST, or just after.

I found the suggested ram list (via the freebsd archive) on supermicro's
site, but it doesn't do me a lot of good when I don't have the sticks in my
hand to look at the chip part numbers.

I'm looking for someone that's got a similar board to tell me which
manufacturer is the best or whether I should give up and use the board for a
doormat.

Thanks
Brian St.John
brian@wrath.com