Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 2014 18:32:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@hergotha.csail.mit.edu>
To:        bengta@sics.se
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 9.3-RELEASE still instapanics on multi-mps(4) servers

In article <mit.lcs.mail.freebsd-stable/uh7ha1jryjg.fsf@P142s.sics.se> you write:

>I have a dual-mps (one Dell H200 and one LSI 9207) system now running
>9.1 (w patched sys/kern/kern_intr.c) that I intend to upgrade to 9.3
>shortly.  Is it enough to boot a 9.3 memstick to provoke the issue?

Yes, it was sufficient on both of the machines that have this problem
for me.  But two mps controllers might not be enough -- the machines
that fail for me all have three.  I have a patch (with debugging
printfs, not a fix) that I haven't had time to try yet, but should be
able to do that tomorrow.

-GAWollman