Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2000 23:02:59 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alex Charalabidis <alex@wnm.net>
To:        Paul Richards <paul.r@zdnetmail.com>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MadCow Virus

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Paul Richards wrote:

> You have just received the "MadCow Virus." As we don't have any programming
> experience, this virus works on the honor system. Please delete all the
> files from your hard drive and manually forward this virus to everyone
> on your mailing list.
>
> Thanks for your cooperation

Dear Mr. Richards,

We have all acquired immunity to the above virus and are no longer
affected by it, due to the fact that we have been infected with it
multiple times during the very recent past. Tts humour value has decreased
to match that of Culex Pipiens and this virus has no aggregate effect
on our systems so repeated infection attempts will cause no symptoms other
than mild irritation. It is expected to mutate into an Acquired Humour
Deficiency Syndrome agent in the near future, countermeasures are already
in place.

Regards

-ac

Alex Charalabidis (AC8139)            5050 Poplar Ave, Ste 170
Systems Administrator                        Memphis, TN 38157
WebNet Memphis                                  (901) 432 6000
Author, The Book of IRC              http://www.bookofirc.com/