Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 1995 18:18:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Michael Holloway <daveh@uclink.berkeley.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jkh@violet.berkeley.edu
Subject:   install problems

ok , here is my list of install problems
I started with the early morning june 1st floppyes
first problem was that it could not mount my dos filesystems
second problem, it never asked for my copy of root.flp

then toady  i dnload the most recent floppies.

first problem, it might have trashed one of my dos partitions
I am not certain, maybe I did it myself.
I like the fact that 2.0's install let you actually write any changed
all at once, rather than on the fly.
it was also nice to be able to switch back and forth between disks
to have a look at the partitions before you commited to anything.

second problem
it could not decide whether or not it could install bindist
it let you wait to do it later, you did, then it asked again
if you want to do bindist later ??

third problem, or gripe, in the network setup.
why could i not select say cuaa2 or cuaa3??? as a slip/ppp device?.

4th problem
and this is a serious one, it timed out
on my scsi /dev/st0
I put /usr/local from 2.0 on tape, as well as sources
and so on

so I wonder if a tape install would work or not,
but I cannot test that at this time.

have fun.

		David Holloway