Date:      Fri, 12 May 2000 10:49:30 -0500
From:      Oscar Ricardo Silva <oscars@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Error finding scsi.h (attempting to compile Amanda 2.4.2-beta1)

I'm attempting to use Amanda 2.4.2-beta1 on a FreeBSD 4.0 machine, with an
Overland Data 15-slot DLT 7000 Autoloader.  The autoloader is externally
connected to an Adaptec AHA2940U2W PCI SCSI host adapter.  The machine
works fine with the loader, I've been able to successfully issue "mt" and
"chio" commands.

Amanda includes some scripts that allow it to communicate with the
autoloader, expanding the automation of the backup
rotation.  Unfortunately, one of the recommend scripts, chg-scsi, doesn't
compile because "required operating system environments are missing".  When
I looked through the config.log, I found the following:

configure:5947: wait.h: No such file or directory
configure:6197: chio.h: No such file or directory
configure:6197: scsi/scsi_ioctl.h: No such file or directory
configure:6197: sys/dsreq.h: No such file or directory
configure:6197: sys/mntent.h: No such file or directory
configure:6197: sys/scarray.h: No such file or directory
configure:6197: sys/scsiio.h: No such file or directory
configure:6197: sys/scsi.h: No such file or directory
configure:6197: sys/scsi/impl/uscsi.h: No such file or directory
configure:6197: sys/scsi/scsi/ioctl.h: No such file or directory
configure:6197: sys/statfs.h: No such file or directory
configure:6197: sys/statvfs.h: No such file or directory
configure:6197: sys/tape.h: No such file or directory

Any thoughts?  Suggestions?  Pointers?

Any information would be extremely appreciated.

Oscar

"Don't believe the hype"