Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2002 07:04:10 -0500
From:      Dave Kaufman <daverk@epix.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   interscan query

i work for a small college and we need to get some protection for incoming
and outgoing email. my boss has settled on Interscan and got a compag
proliant dl360 rack mount unit to run it on. we tried installing
Mandrake-Linux 7.2 but it didn't like the dual integral nics at all. so just
for the halibut i talked him into letting me try my freebsd 4.4 Release. came
up beautifully.

now i need to get the Interscan running. according to the documentation it's
been tested with Red Hat 6.0. i installed linux compatibility. can i just
follow the directions for installing it? apparently it runs its own
installation program. i don't know enough about this to know if that's likely
to work.

i apologize for asking this before i've had a problem but the list-serve
won't accept emails from my mail server at work so i have to ask from home
and i need to get this thing running today.

if anybody has had experience with Interscan on freebsd i'd appreciate
hearing about it.

thanks
Dave