Date:      Mon, 07 Dec 1998 02:56:08 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Pavel Stepchenko <pavel@gsn.kurgan.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-bug@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Some bugs after upgrade 2.2.7-RELEASE to 2.2.8-RELEASE

> Yesterday i'm upgrading 2.2.7-RELEASE to 2.2.8-RELEASE via
> /stand/sysinstall, (FreeBSD 2.2.8-RELEASE i get from ftp.freebsd.org at

Hmmmm.  /stand/sysinstall would be the old 2.2.7 version you're
talking about?  It's generally better to do your upgrades from the
installation floppy of the version you're trying to upgrade to since
otherwise you're using the older upgrade tool bits to upgrade with and
won't get the benefit of any fixes we've made to the upgrade process.

For a system properly upgraded from the boot floppy, I can't see how
the bug you list with sysctl can happen.

> 2.Language of FAQ.

Unfortunately, that's a known bug.  Not much I can do about it
now though. :(

- Jordan