Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 1999 18:53:58 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        chris@calldei.com
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, Mattias Pantzare <pantzer@ludd.luth.se>, Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, Dmitry Valdov <dv@dv.ru>, Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DoS from local users (fwd)

Chris Costello wrote:

> >     If one can't control one's users, one has no business managing them.  The
> >     last thing FreeBSD needs is some overly complex, sophisticated scheduler
> >     designed to help bozo sysops stay on their feet.
>
>    I agree with you very much here.  Public shell systems are a
> bad idea.  In my opinion, you should trust someone before you
> allow them to have an account on your system.

What you really mean is that "FreeBSD is not a solution for public
shell systems", correct? Public shell systems is not a bad idea,
it's a business opportunity and a public service. If the OS is not
up to the task, don't blame the task.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"nothing better than the ability to perform cunning linguistics"