Date:      Sun, 07 Jan 2001 00:37:05 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NetBSD vs. FreeBSD?

Vincent Poy writes:
> On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, David Kelly wrote:
> > Doubt MacOS X will ever run x86 FreeBSD binaries. VirtualPC is said to
> > be able to run FreeBSD now on any PowerMac under recent MacOS's.
> > Haven't tried. Was told patches were needed and downloadable from the
> > support site for my VirtualPC 3.0. Got the 4.0 update with the G4.
>
> 	Interesting...  I was planning to get a Cube just to run a FreeBSD
> machine but I never thought about the VIrtualPC option.

An Apple PowerMac Cube G4 will not run FreeBSD either. Darwin, MacOS 9
and X, are the only options. Also conceivable to run FreeBSD under
VirtualPC.

There have been rumors of Apple building a VirtualPC-like feature into
the OS, or fulling integrating VirtualPC similar to the -box stuff
Apple uses to do classic PPC and 68k Mac stuff under MacOS X. Wait,
they may be dropping the 68k support in X.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net