Date:      Sat, 17 May 2003 20:52:24 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Jukka Huvinen <jhuvinen@cc.hut.fi>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mouse freezes

On 2003-05-17 20:09, Jukka Huvinen <jhuvinen@cc.hut.fi> wrote:

> My mouse freezes randomly under X !!
> Release 4.8, gdm + gnome. (Clean 4.8 install)
>
> The mouse freezes only when typing text and after random periof of time.
> Sometimes only in seconds (when typing text).
>
> /var/log/messages: (after crashing)
> May 17 18:53:56 limo /kernel: psmintr: delay too long; resetting byte count
> May 17 18:55:17 limo /kernel: psmintr: delay too long; resetting byte count

This is answered in the FAQ already.  Read the reply to the question:

	Why does my PS/2 mouse misbehave under X?

Just point your browser at:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/x.html#PS2-X

If that doesn't help you could always post a question to the
freebsd-questions@freebsd.org list :-)