Date:      Mon, 13 May 1996 19:35:38 +0800 (GMT+0800)
From:      "Miguel A.L. Paraz" <map@iphil.net>
To:        PETERS@staidan.qld.edu.au (PETER STUBBS)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: harvest cached configuration question

PETER STUBBS wrote:

> I'm running the server in a school, so CERN's ability to ban sites is
> a must. The host machine is also a firewall, so I was using CERN to
> proxy as well. These are my three needs, caching, banning and
> proxying. CERN will do all three, but it's slow & buggy.

Switch to Squid -- http://www.nlanr.net/Squid/
or echo subscribe | mail squid-users-request@nlanr.net.

This is the latest generation of the Harvest cache.
It proxies very well, can ban sites with its Access Control Lists,
and best of all, development is still active!

--
miguel a.l. paraz <map@iphil.net>        iphil communications, makati city,
tech problems, to <support@iphil.net>    philippines.