Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:12:05 -0800
From:      Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
To:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   RAM for a DEC PWS 433au?

Hi,

Does anyone know what kind of RAM these machines take?  I am
getting conflicting reports:

1) It takes normal ECC SDRAM, and would be fine with ECC PC100.
2) It's a special form of ECC SDRAM with a slight physical
   extension of some sort; it works in both Alphas and normal ECC
   SDRAM slots, but normal ECC SDRAM doesn't work in alpha slots.

Before I attempt to obtain more memory for a 433au, I was hoping
to get some enlightenment here.

Regards,
--
wca