Date:      Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:36:38 -0700
From:      "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        "itchibahn" <freebsd@isot.com>, "FreeBSD ISP List" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: apache_fp-1.3.26_1 port

----- Original Message -----
From: "itchibahn" <freebsd@isot.com>
To: "FreeBSD ISP List" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2002 4:18 PM
Subject: apache_fp-1.3.26_1 port

> I've installed apache_fp-1.3.26_1 port using sysinstall.  The httpd
works fine,
> and fp_install.sh gave no problem on root web.  But when trying to
access the
> root web using MSFrontPage, it errors out 'folder not accessible'.

I don't know if this is your problem or not but I got a similar error
until I added the following to httpd.conf:

<Directory /usr/local/www/fpwebs>
    Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI MultiViews
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

The AllowOverride is the key so that the .htaccess files that the
extensions created will be processed by Apache.

> I used owsadm.exe to enable authoring, remove, readd, uninstall fp,
reinstall,
> etc., without a problem.  But still same error message when attempt
to author
> it.
>
> Do I need to forget using the sysinstall, and start from compiling
the sources?

I don't think so.  The port should work.  In my experience, most FP
problems have to do with permission settings on either the files
themselves or httpd.conf entries.

Good Luck,

Drew